Developing New Health Solutions with Algae Pharmaceuticals
CanaQuest is Canada’s leading medical corporation, with a unique focus on developing patentable nutraceutical and health products using a variety of botanical extracts, including algae oils. From the beginning, CanaQuest has recognized the powerful effects of essential fatty acids (EFAs), extracted from certain algae species with high DHA levels. Further research revealed significant benefits when combining these algae pharmaceuticals with other health-improving oils, notably cannabis and hemp.
Today, our teams at Western University in London, Ontario, and University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, collaborate on cutting-edge research to develop new product formulations that are poised to make big waves in the nutraceutical industry, especially for patients experiencing mental health issues, anxiety, addiction, depression, schizophrenia, PTSD, and even some cancers.
Combining Algae Extracts with Cannabis For Superior Health Products
A growing body of evidence has emerged regarding the role of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the regulation of several physiological conditions and numerous diseases. Essential fatty acids are the foundation of the endocannabinoid system, but our bodies cannot synthesize EFAs, which are required for the production of endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors.
CanaQuest recognized the need for health products that combined the ECS-boosting traits of fatty acids and the medical benefits of cannabis oil, leading to the development of our algal carrier solution, which is the optimal blend for cannabis oils, helping realize the full effect of the ECS. Our algae oil extracts contain 22 fatty acids (66.3% Omega-3), while our hemp oil extracts have 5 fatty acids (58% Omega-6).
The benefits of DHA extracted from algae oil are summarized below:
- Supports endocannabinoid system
- Improves memory
- Lowers risk of coronary heart disease and improvement in cholesterol
- Supports results from studies in cancer treatment, depression and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
When combined with cannabis oils, these effects are enhanced, as well as the pharmacological properties of cannabis. Cannabinoids have been shown to have a wide variety of medical applications: pain management, appetite suppression OR stimulation, suppression of bacterial growth, blood sugar reduction, nausea control, sleep aid, cancer growth suppression, anxiety reliever, and much more.
Human Trials for Algae Compounds and More
CanaQuest’s development of patented formulations of cannabis oils, botanical oils, and algae-omega 3 essential fatty acids have led to the creation of multiple product formulations:
- CQ1 – For anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, and more.
- CQ2 – For anxiety, PTSD (chronic stress induced), pain and addiction.
- CQ3 – For therapies for specific mental health symptom clusters.
- CQ4 – For mitigation of the spread of cancerous tumors.
Algae Pharmaceutical Research
One of CanaQuest’s key objectives is to be the premier Canadian authority on cannabis oil and algae pharmaceutical research and product formulation. To that end, we have assembled a team of leading scientists and research partners in combination with business strategists who support our initiatives. We believe the success and reach of our life-changing nutraceuticals will depend heavily on the foundation of good, sustainable medicine and a carefully developed business plan.
That is why we are proud to partner with the following:
- Steven Laviolette, BSc, PhD and 12 team members
- Performs research and product development on cannabis oil and its constituents in the context of depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia and addiction
- Has performed clinical trials using animal subjects, with positive results
- Western University
- Background of 13+ years cannabis compound research (THC, CBD), especially used to address pain, anxiety, addiction, depression, PTSD, etc.
- Able to produce relevant clinical trial data
- Equipped to produce proprietary formulas eligible for patenting
- Jonathan Blay, PhD, FRSB, FIBMS, Csci, CBiol and 4 team members
- Performs research and product development on cannabis oil and its constituents in the context of colorectum, pancreas, breast and prostate cancers
- University of Waterloo
- Specializes in research and development of cannabis applications for various cancers
- Focuses on the combination of algae EFAs, natural botanicals, and cannabis oils
Working with Dr. Steve Laviolette (scientific veteran with over 13 years of experience of research in the field of mental health and cannabis) as an industry partner with Western University and their dedicated scientific team of 12 scientists gives us a tremendous competitive advantage compared to sporadic publicly disclosed research in this area. The completed pre-clinical trials at the Western University lab demonstrate very promising results.
CanaQuest continues to innovate and develop with talented contributions from 18 researchers through our Sponsored Research Programs.